DOLLS HOUSE DOLLS
These dolls are one twelfth scale for the collector's dolls house. Experience shows that they will quietly bring a scene to life without overpowering it.
Please note that they are not suitable for children under 14 and no responsibility can be accepted for misuse.
The dolls are all original, made entirely by me from my own sculptures and designs. They are made from cotton stockinette over a wire frame which allows them to be posed, so they will stand unaided, sit, kneel or whatever you wish. The heads are rigidly moulded to shape, with hand painted features. Please be aware that the dolls pictured here should be seen as samples, and the one that you receive may not be exactly the same, but if not satisfactory may be returned for refund or replacement.
Costumes are historically accurate. Please refer to the dates given for each doll to make suitable choices and combinations. Don't be afraid to ask me if you need advice, but in the end it is your house and you can put whoever you want in it.
Sizes are as follows: the 3-4 year old children are about 3 inches (7.5cm) high, ladies about 5.25 inches (13.5cm) and men about 5.75 inches (14.5cm), with children of other ages at various heights in between. This means that ladies would be 5ft 3ins and men 5ft 9ins in 'real life'. These measurements do not include hats and hair-dos, which can add quite a bit to the finished height.
If you do not see the figure that you require in this stock list, please ask about commissions. Most subjects are possible and a challenge is hard to resist. Please note that I reserve the right to reproduce dolls made to commission and they may not therefore be one of a kind. The majority of dolls have been added to my catalogue because someone has asked for them.
Prices range from £15 to £68.
The following pages show pictures which are captioned with the dolls' names reading from left to right.
Below is a copy of the Care Notes that I enclose with every doll sold. It may help to answer questions about how you can use the dolls.
For choosing aTeresa Thompson Costume Cavalcade doll for your dollshouse.
I hope it will give you many years of pleasure. Here are a few points that may help:-
1. Most importantly remember that this is a collector’s item, not a toy and should not be given to children under 14 years of age.
2. The figure is fully wired for you to pose as you wish, but be aware that any wire will eventually break if repeatedly bent back and forth in the same place.
3. When bending the limbs try to make a nice sharp angle in the position where natural joints would be. Do not use pliers as you may damage the fabrics.
4. The head may be tilted slightly up or down, but you will need to use more pressure as the wire is double in the neck. It will not swivel.
5. The hands areslightly flexible, but the surface may crack if you try to bend the fingers too far. If you wish to bend the wrist, hold the hand by the palm rather than the fingers. Objects are best secured for the doll to hold with a small piece of Tacky-wax.
6. The entire doll is made from fabric but is not washable. It should ideally be protected from sunlight, dust and damp.
7. Costumes are fixed in place and are not removable.
8. The doll will stand unaided if the feet are correctly positioned. If it tips either way, gently bend the feet up or down as necessary to correct the balance.
9. Stands are not recommended. If the surface on which you place your doll is too unstable for it to remain upright, a small piece of Tacky-wax under each foot should do the trick.
10. If you put your doll in a sitting position it may be difficult to straighten the wires sufficiently to make it stand again later, so think carefully before you choose this option.
11. Finally, if you are dissatisfied with a doll for any reason you may return it within 14 days for refund or replacement. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me.
Next Contents Contact me Home